GNAT GPL Edition
2015 Edition Now Available!
We are pleased to announce the availability of the GNAT GPL 2015 toolset.
GNAT GPL 2015 includes support for the Raspberry Pi 2 allowing Ada development using all Ada features on this popular educational computer running embedded Linux.
GNAT GPL 2015 incorporates upgraded technology for the back end (GCC 4.9) and debugger (GDB 7.8) and many new features, including the following:
- Improved diagnostic messages
- Fine-grained control over the treatment of warnings
- Extended support for non-default endianness
- Support for large files on 32-bit systems
- Improved handling of inlining
- Overflow checks enabled by default
- Enhanced code generation and debugging capabilities
- Support for aggregate projects in all tools
- Support for stubbing of units in GNATtest
- AWS: to web-enable Ada applications (Ada Web Server)
- XML/Ada: to process XML streams in Ada applications
- ASIS: to develop tools for Ada software
- GtkAda: to develop modern native GUIs in Ada
- PolyORB: to build distributed systems using CORBA and the Ada distributed systems annex
It also comes with the latest version of the GPS IDE, GPS 6.1.1. that includes better support for Ada 2012 and SPARK 2014 and a simplified workflow and project templates for bare board platforms.
GPL editions of GNATbench, AJIS, and PolyORB will be released at a later date.
Related technologies are also available for download alongside the GNAT GPL Edition: