GNAT GPL Edition
2012 Edition Now Available!
We are pleased to announce the release of GNAT GPL 2012, the integrated Ada, C, and C++ toolset for Academic users and FLOSS developers. This new edition provides many new features and enhancements in all areas of the technology. The most notable ones are:
- Improved support for Ada 2012
Enhanced versions of tools
- GPS 5.0 enhanced IDE (improved support for C/C++, more powerful source editing, better usability, ….),
- GtkAda (new widgets, interface to the Cairo graphics library)
- More flexible and more efficient project manager tool
- Support for unloading Ada plug-ins
- Improved support for Ada constructs on the .NET platform
- More detailed exception messages (-gnateE switch)
- complete support for Lego MINDSTORMS hardware, including audio and I2C sensors
GNAT GPL 2012 comes with version 5.0.1 of the GNAT Programming Studio IDE and GNATbench 2.5.1, the GNAT plug-in for Eclipse.
AdaCore is dedicated to developing the finest tools available for software development with Ada. The GNAT GPL Edition is the Ada 2005 development environment for Free Software development and the GNAT Academic Program for use in Academia. GNAT Pro for commercial/industrial development.
The GNAT GPL Edition consists of the following technologies:
- The GNAT Ada 2005 compilation system
- Various tools such as heap monitoring, unit testing, program browsing, etc.
- Ada 2005 and GNAT libraries (Containers, pattern matching, sorting, etc.)
- The GNAT Programming Studio (GPS) visual IDE
Related technologies are also available for download alongside the GNAT GPL Edition:
- AWS: to web-enable Ada applications (Ada Web Server)
- XML/Ada: to process XML streams in Ada applications
- ASIS: to develop tools for Ada software
- GtkAda: to develop modern native GUIs in Ada
- PolyORB: to build distributed systems using CORBA and the Ada distributed systems annex
Also included are all the features added in the 2009 GPL Edition
- Ability to generate byte code for the JVM
- Ability to generate byte code for the .NET Framework
- Addition of the Ada-Java Interfacing Suite (AJIS) that enables native Ada code to be called from Java.
- Availability on the Mac OS X (64 bit) platform
- Availability for the LEGO MINDSTORMS robotic building system
- Automatic C/C++ binding generators
- Addition of the GNAT Component Collection (GNATcoll) providing new APIs that can be extended by the user community.
- GNAT GPL 2009 comes with version 4.3.1 of the GNAT Programming Studio IDE and GNATbench 2.3, the GNAT plug-in for Eclipse.
- It is available for the GNU Linux, Mac OS X (64 bit), Mindstorms NXT, .NET, JVM and Windows platforms.