The GNAT Programming Studio
What is GPS?
GPS, the GNAT Programming Studio, is a cutting-edge Free Software IDE that streamlines the interaction between developers and their software. With its intuitive interface, GPS is easy to use, simplifying source navigation and highlighting the fundamental ideas in the program.
By displaying core application structures, such as call graphs, program entity graphs, and project dependencies, GPS facilitates the development of systems. GPS helps construct reliable code while providing the same interface and behavior across a variety of platforms. Designed by programmers for programmers, GPS is a new kind of IDE that offers the experience of designing software in a uniquely comfortable environment.
Latest Libre site release
The latest GPS version can be downloaded as part of the GNAT GPL Edition.
Features and Tools
- Same modern GUI available on all platforms
- Flexible MDI (multiple document interface)
- Extensible: can integrate preferred tools
- Free Software
- Language-sensitive editor
- Automatic generation of body files
- Source code reformatting
- Intelligent source code navigation
- Context-sensitive search and replace
- Application builder
- Automatic code fixing
- Version control (CVS, ClearCase, etc.)
- Visual file comparison
- Graphical source-level debugger
- Project and program entities explorer
- Project wizard
- Types and program entities graphs
- Call graphs
- File dependency graphs
- Project dependency graphs
GPS comes with a tutorial that gives an overview of the functionalities by going through a complete session, and a User’s Guide documenting each tool and modules.
GPS has two mailing lists.
- To subscribe or get information about the GPS developers list.
- To subscribe or get information about the GPS users list.
Access to the latest snapshot using SVN
The GPS repository is accessible read-only by anonymous SVN. Note that you should only use the GPS svn tree if you know what you are doing and if using a development version (with possible unstabilities) does not frighten you. To check it out:
You can also browse the repository directly.
Snapshot binaries are also available.
If you would like to contribute, send your patches (contextual or unified diffs) and we will work with you on integrating them. If you have already contributed and would like write access to the tree, please contact us.
The following are some useful related web sites:
- GtkAda Home Page. The GtkAda Toolkit.
Please report suggestions, bugs to gps-devel (at lists.adacore.com).
This software has been written and is maintained by AdaCore.
If you are interested in getting commercial support for this software, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.